Disclosure: SDSG got this product as part of an advertorial.
I learned a version of this from my mom and over time I have made many versions of this. I tend to use what ever is sale that week at the store to deiced what version I want to make. I used a box of spiral noodles, a head of broccoli, head of cauliflower, 2 jars of cheese sauce, a pack of smoked sausage, a small pack of ham and a pack of shredded cheese. My family so loves this when I make it.
While my noodles are cooking in my saucepan, I cut my broccoli and cauliflower into bite size pieces. After cutting the broccoli and cauliflower up, I washed them and let them sit and drain. I then will stir the noodles. Now I will start to cut up my sausage and ham into bite size pieces. By the time I get the meat all cut up my noodles are done.
I will pour the veggies into the baking dish and use the strainer for my noodles. I will drain and rise my noodles and let cool. I usually just put the strainer in the sauce pan and let it sit and drain for about 5 minutes.
I then mix the noodles, veggies, meat and cheese together in a baking dish. I then will bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is all hot and bubbely. I can make this dish in under a hour and my family gets a serving of veggies and love it. The left overs don't last long as my husband packs most up for luch the next day for work.
Do you remember how I mentioned the contest from Good Cook in my SaraLee’s Tater Taco Casserole post? Good. Here is the drawer of must haves I put together for this event.
1. Double-Sided Flip Measuring Spoon – measuring spoon set includes double sided pockets that inverts to different measuring capacities of 1/4 tsp, 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, and 1 tbsp for precise cooking or baking with either liquid or solid ingredients.
2. Egg Separator – Ensure your eggs are properly seperated
3. Pastry Blender – The extra wide non-slip plastic handle offers a comfortable and secure grip for added control and stability and its flexible stainless steel blades create smooth batter free of lumps or imperfections
4. Spatula, Spreader – (Used in recipe.) I use it at least 3 or more times a week.
5. Smart Scoop Ice Cream Scoop – My family uses this a few times a week as we love ice cream.
6. Nylon Turner – (Used in recipe.) I love using this. Just great for cooking and mixing
7. Berry Colander – (Used in recipe.) I love it. I use a few times a week
8. Nylon Whisk – This easy grip whisk will beat eggs, blend flour and perform numerous critical baking tasks.
10. Locking tongs – easy store locking mechanism and soft grip TPR handles. Silicone tips are heat safe to 450F, and are perfectly safe for use on nonstick surfaces.
11. Large Silicone Flex Turner – This extra large head silicone turner flexes as you pick up foods, making it easy to flip eggs, pancakes or quesadillas.
12. Paring Knife, 2pk – (Used in recipe.) Fine-edge blades quickly trim vegetables, peel potatoes, and slice cheese.
13. Safecut 4-1 Can Opener – eliminates kitchen clutter by also serving as a bottle opener, cap twister, and tab puller.
14. Stainless Steel Oven Thermometer – This practical thermometer features an easy to read temperature gauge with bold graphics and a quick reference temperature guide for added convenience
15. Measuring Spoons, 6pc. – spoon set includes 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 and 1 teaspoon plus 1/2 and 1 tablespoon sizes
16. Collapsible Funnel – The wide mouth and narrow neck make it easy to use for any purpose, while the collapsible design flattens the funnel to 1/3 its size which takes up less storage space in drawers
17. Prep Bowls, 5pc Set – Durable set of prep bowls has measurements for dual capacities in each bowl, all the way from ¼ cup to 2-cups.
18. Thermometer, Meat – When you do your next roast, chicken or turkey, insert this precision instrument into the thickest part of your meat–this thermometer is designed to be left in during the cooking process
19. Utensil Pot Clip – (Used in recipe.) I use mine almost every time I cook.
The Build Your Kitchen Drawer Sweepstakes, starts June 2, 2014 and ends July 14, 2014.
During this time, you will able to build your ideal Kitchen Drawer filled with great Good Cook tools and gadgets. To enter, just visit goodcook.com and choose up to 15 items from selected Good Cook products to create your ideal kitchen drawer then enter to win everything they selected. If you can’t decide what you want, you can let the Kitchen Experts help – simply choose one of the featured Kitchen Expert Blogger drawers and enter it for a chance to win.
The 5-day Good Cook product giveaway on Facebook starts June 2 and ends June 7, 2014
During this time you can enter to win additional selected products for your kitchen drawer. Also, there will be Instant winners! Every drawer entered has a chance to win an instant prize, and you can submit a new drawer every day for a chance to win.
Just look for the “ADD ME” icon below on any participating product and add that item to your drawer.