Scout is an interactive get ready-to-read toy that's doggone fun! Your puppy pal reads from the five included board books and engages children by asking questions throughout the story to help build comprehension skills.
Scout features 5 interactive spots that respond to your touch. You can pet his back to answer questions; kiss his cheek and hear him say you're his best friend; press his left paw to hear songs; and press his right paw for more responses.
Scout completes each page and asks the child 1 of 70+ different engagement and comprehension questions over the course of the 5-book set.
The 5 colorfully illustrated board books teach:
1) Rhyming—helps children learn about the sounds of language and build phonological awareness,
2) Learn-about—learn about the world through reading and recognize how print carries meaning,
3) Narrative—learn about how stories are put together, with characters, settings, and a sequence of events,
4) Pattern—learn with rhymes, refrains and repetition to predict what comes next, and
5) Concept—explore concepts like colors to label and classify new information.
• Read With Me Scout is a cuddly companion that provides the perfect interactive introduction to reading.
• Scout reads from 5 included books, asks questions to engage kids and deepen comprehension.
• Features 5 interactive touch points, 70+ comprehension questions and 5 illustrated board books.
• Teaches comprehension, early vocabulary and book and print basics.
• Ages 2-5 years.
There is also a purple Read with Me Violet for a more girlie look dog.
Now this is a great learning toy for the kids. My niece and nephew came over and when I got the Read with Me Scout by LeapFrog out my niece took to it right away. The books are nice and firm and will last with the kids using them. The words on each page matches with what is going on in the picture. My niece picked up a book and pushed the matching number on Scout's collar and the story began. The pace was one that my niece could follow with and she really enjoyed reading with Scout. Before I knew it we had read threw all the books and she wanted to read them again. My nephew who is 2 soon started to follow along with the stories and was keeping entertained. After a while the two were fighting over the Read with Me Scout. So it's safe to say this was a big hit and the kids really enjoyed it.